This week, the Hydra team kicked off a new project together with Catalyst, the Cardano Foundation and researchers from IO: a proof of concept for voting on Hydra. The concluded work on validating the Head protocol using model-based testing and formulated next steps, fixed the transaction cost benchmark reporting on the website and reduced the cost for commit transactions by ~30% with the help of reference scripts.
The year is coming to an end and velocity will slow down a bit while the team focuses on wrapping up loose ends. The updates here will pause until January 2023.
What did the team achieve this week
- Kicked-off Hydra Voting project with Catalyst, CF, and IO Research.
- Reduce commit transaction costs by ~30% with reference scripts.
- Prepared an RFP for external audit of the Hydra Head solution.
- Fixed transaction cost benchmarks for abort tx #631.
- Recorded decision to use model-based testing (ADR22) and improved Model documentation.
- Switched to using nix flakes for development setup and CI build #646.
What are the goals of next week
- Push ADR21 & tx validity gap over the finish line (smoke tests missing).
- Integrate the
- Have a LaTeX write-up of the HeadV1 (Coordinated Hydra Head) spec.
- Close & recap on the year with another monthly report (+ blog post).