High level summary
The open fronts that the crypto team is working on are:
- cardano-base: Include final tests for BLS signature. Further adaptations for KES agent.
- Sidechains: Implement BLS and JubJub using upstream's macros to merge these curves in halo2curves.
Low level summary
- RawBearer API in ouroboros-network-framework (https://github.com/input-output-hk/ouroboros-network/pull/4395); this is needed for KES Agent. Review ongoing.
- Facilitate BLS test vectors in Haskell test suite (https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-base/pull/408)
- Add the SignKeyWithKES type to cardano-base (https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-base/pull/389)
- Restructuring and simplifying the MLocking code in cardano-base (https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-base/pull/404, https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-base/pull/405), getting rid of the purpose-built MonadMLock etc. typeclasses in the process
- Merging the DSIGN and DSIGNM APIs such that the same phantom type can be used to select both the pure and mlocked versions of the same DSIGN algorithm (https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-base/pull/411)
- Simplifying the KES API into a single KESAlgorithm typeclass, merging the KESSignAlgorithm class into it (this is possible due to the simplifications from #404). (Same PR as above: https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-base/pull/411).
- Update CIP-0381 with new plutus built-in functions, #506. In particular hash_to_curve now takes as input a secon input for the Domain Separation Tag (DST), and we limit to have a maximu size of 255 bytes.