Ledger Quarterly Update
2022-09 - 2022-11-04
- We finished a minimal ledger era capable of master key rotation.
This will be re-purposed our upcoming work.
- We have the humble beginnings of a proper ledger API.
- We improved the problematic cost model serialization
(recall the song and dance about updating the cost model one epoch after the hard fork).
- We have added benchmarks for problematic areas.
- Massive repository restructure and cleanup.
- Unified and consistent variable name schemes (not completely finished, but nearly there).
- Massive reduction in type constraints, which causes a lot of developer friction,
in our code and also downstream.
- More organized module structures.
- Improved generators for our property tests.
- We removed our dependency on cardano-prelude.
- The formal ledger model has come a long way.
- We created a fork of Agda that provides some meta-programming support for the ledger rules.
- We have a large amount of the basic UTxO support in the model.
- We can generate a good looking PDF from the model.
- We can produce Haskell from the model.
- We have a nice finite set theory library that we can use for many of the ledger rules.
- We have nix support for the model.
- Individual tracking of deposits. [issue-3113]
- Versioned CBOR encoders/decoders. [issue-3014]
- New ledger era transaction body (and the surround work associated with it).
- Designs for the next ledger era.