High level summary
The open fronts that the crypto team is working on are:
- Mithril: Updated KES crate to force user to allocate buffer of bytes for the key. Include proper testing for batch mtree opening and STM batch verify. Progressed with RFP for audit.
- cardano-base: BLS branch is now ready for review. We are workign forward its merge.
- KES agent: time off of part of the team, but in general continuing with the adaptation of the KES agent with consensus codebase.
- Sidechains: We are exploring and starting discussion on how sidechains could leverage BLS12-381 bindings for SNARKs
Low level summary
- Bumped to version 0.2.0 the implementation of KES. Redesigned the representation of the secret key to allow user to allocate a buffer using
- Opened PR#783 to update dependency
- Improved testing for batch opening of mtree, PR#773
- Improved testing for batch verification of STM sigs PR#774
- RFP for crypto audit almost ready.
- BLS12-381 branch finally ready for review PR#266
Team off for one week. Other progress:
- Learning about raw direct-bearer abstraction. An interface for sockets in consensus.
- use that for direct ser/deser
- written those syntaxes for ouroboros (coming PR)
- the kes agent will depend on that.
Progress with familiarisation of Halo2 library to write circuits.